Enrichment Ideas and Projects for Jeanie Blair, Author Extraordinaire
1. Research someone who has received a Purple Heart. Write an essay about their life, or see if you can interview them.
2. Choose a topic below to research. Then write a report or make a Power Point presentation
- The Battle of the Bulge
- Clara Barton's life
- The life of Susan B Anthony and/or Frederick Douglass to see how compassion played a huge role in their character
- Another civil rights activist
- Florence Nightingale Syndrome
3. Interview someone currently serving in the US military. Why do you think it is important that we still have people who do this?
4. Write a card thanking someone in the military for their service or put together a care package. See guidelines at http://www.military.com/spouse/military-life/military-resources/how-to-support-our-troops.html
5. Write a new verse or two for the Strugglin' song to describe something tough you are going through or have gone through.
References for Jeanie Blair, Author Extraordinaire
Military care package ideas